Here’s the information regarding the grade 8 clinic for NEW referees (you haven’t been a referee before or have not recertified in the last 2 years). This course is scheduled for Saturday February 28 (9:00 to 5:00). This clinic will be held at Sleeping Giant Middle School. There are 9 hours classroom/field work plus 18 online modules and an exam. The online modules and exam must be completed 24 hours before the Saturday class.
To obtain this certification you must complete all of the following:
1) Register for the course at montanaref.org (see below)
2) a mandatory on-line self study course prior to the clinic is available here: Moodle (you can do part & then come back later to complete…). You will use your login and password from montanaref.
3) complete the online exam, also found at Moodle .
4) complete the CDC concussion module. You’ll need to log into gotsoccer and then go to: http://www.gotsport.com/asp/officials/concussions.asp?ArticleID=2022. Instructions for setting up your gotsoccer account (we’ll use this for game assignments) are here: http://www.montanaref.org/useruploads/docs/2012410846230.CYS_RefereeProgramV2_10.pdf
5) attend the classroom instruction.
6) attend an outdoor session (right after the classroom stuff on Saturday) for flag work and other hands-on training.
The registration fee is $50. $40 for USSF registration and $10 for materials and instructor costs. Please bring your payment with you to the classroom. Fees will be collected before the start of the session. Make your checks payable to LYSA.
PLEASE NOTE: This grade 8 certification allows you to referee competitive games in the spring and recreational games this fall. LYSA will reimburse you $40 once you have passed the course and worked 4 games as a referee for LYSA league games.
*** Please register as soon as possible. This will help us plan the course and obtain sufficient course materials for the class.
Here’s how to register for this course:
This is required !!
Go to: Montanaref.org
Click on the signup tab at the top of the page next to the calendar. Fill in just the left hand side of this page. Don’t forget your new login and password!!
Once you have registered:
- login (right-most tab just above the calendar) with your new login and password.
- go to the clinics/events tab at the top, 3rd from the left.
- select Livingston
- click on the “registration” tab next to event number 354 for February 28. Enter Livingston as location during event, Raiders as club, check if you are under 18, leave 0’s for center and AR info, none for “want an upgrade” and “at the clinic” for how you paid.
- Click “add”. You are done.
If you have questions or troubles with the online self-study or registration contact Mike at 222-9356 or directorofreferees [at] gmail.com.