Here’s the information regarding the grade 8 clinic for NEW referees (you haven’t been a referee before or have not recertified in the last 2 years). This course is scheduled for Thursday February 27 (5:30 to 8:30) and Saturday, March 1st (9:00 to 3:00) at Winan’s Elementary Library.
To obtain this certification you must complete all of the following:
1) Register for the course at montanaref.org (see below)
2) a mandatory on-line self study course prior to the clinic is available here: Laws of the Game (you can do part & then come back later to complete…)
3) complete the online exam.
4)attend the classroom instruction.
5) attend an outdoor session (right after the classroom stuff on Saturday) for flag work and other hands-on training, probably outside in the school yard).
The registration fee is $50. $40 for USSF registration and $10 for materials and instructor costs. Please bring your payment with you to the classroom. Fees will be collected before the start of the session. Make your checks payable to LYSA.
PLEASE NOTE: This grade 8 certification allows you to referee competitive games in the spring and recreational games this fall. LYSA will reimburse you $40 once you have passed the course and worked 4 games as a referee.
*** Please register as soon as possible. This will help us plan the course and obtain sufficient course materials for the class.
Here’s how to register for this course:
This is required !!
Go to: montanaref.org
Click on the signup tab at the top of the page next to the calendar. Fill in just the left hand side of this page. Don’t forget your new login and password!!
Once you have registered:
- login (right-most tab just above the calendar) with your new login and password.
- go to the clinics/events tab at the top, 3rd from the left.
- select Livingston
- click on the “registration” tab next to event number 250 for February 21. Enter Livingston as location during event, Raiders as club, check if you are under 18, leave 0’s for center and AR info, none for “want an upgrade” and “at the clinic” for how you paid.
- Click “add”. You are done.
If you have questions or troubles with the online self-study or registration contact Mike at 222-9356 or directorofreferees [at] gmail.com.